- Spruce Grove Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese MedicineSuite 215, 636 King Street
Spruce Grove, Alberta T7X 4K5(780) 904-5006
Follow Us on Instagram!
- • Tips to Manage Fall Allergy Season •
- • Fall’s Best Comfort Food •
- • 3 Tips to Keep Mentally Healthy in Fall •
Treaty 6 Acknowledgement
We acknowledge that our clinic is located on Treaty 6 territory, a traditional meeting ground for many Indigenous peoples. We honour the many Métis, First Nations, and Inuit whose footsteps have marked this land for centuries, especially our neighbours Paul First Nation, Enoch Cree Nation, Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation, and Alexander Cree Nation.
Anyone who has suffered from sciatic nerve pain can tell you it can be a very debilitating condition. It is typically caused by an impingement of the sciatic nerve in the lower back but the pain is actually felt radiating down the leg and in the buttock. There are several potential causes of sciatic pain including:
- Degenerative disc disease
- Lumbar spinal stenosis
- Herniated lumbar disc (also known as a slipped disc)
Acupuncture is one of the most gentle and effective treatment options. Traditional medicine may prescribe medication to deal with the pain caused by sciatica but acupuncture is a drug-free option that treats the issue and not just the symptom. continue reading