Welcome to Spruce Grove Acupuncture!
December 9, 2020 Update: The College and Association of Acupuncturists of Alberta has implemented new Covid-19 restrictions regarding acupuncture appointments, and as a result Dr. Melanie Marr is not accepting new patients until February 1, 2021.
Constantine Karampelas is still accepting new clients at this time; appointments can be booked by clicking the Book Now button, or by calling the clinic at 780-904-5006.
To book an Initial Consultation & Treatment with Dr. Melanie Marr for February 1 or later, please call the clinic at 780-904-5006, as online booking for this service is temporarily not available.
Thank you for your patience and support as we navigate these new circumstances!
October 27, 2020 Update: The City of Spruce Grove’s Temporary Mandatory Face Coverings Bylaw went into effect on October 23, 2020. This bylaw requires members of the public to wear a face covering or mask while in indoor public places or public vehicles.
Please note that we are required to ask screening questions at the time of booking your appointment, and to screen again upon arrival at the time of your appointment. In order to book or attend your appointment, you must be able to answer NO to ALL of the following questions.
- Do you have a fever or new/changed chronic cough?
- Do you have any of the following symptoms not related to a known or pre-existing condition: sore throat, runny nose, nasal congestion, or shortness of breath.
- Have you traveled internationally in the last 14 days?
- Have you had close unprotected contact with someone who has a presumptive or confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19?
If you develop symptoms after booking your appointment and before attending, you MUST contact us to reschedule and you CANNOT attend your appointment or enter the clinic.
Other important information regarding our COVID-19 policies:
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- You must complete a screening questionnaire prior to your appointment. This precaution is MANDATORY and you will not be seen for your appointment without completing this step.
- Please come to your appointment alone whenever possible. We kindly request that companions do not stay in the waiting area during your appointment.
- If you wish to have water before or after your treatment, we kindly ask that you bring your own water at this time.
- Hand sanitizer is available for your use at the front desk and inside each treatment room. We encourage you to observe good hand hygiene before and after your treatment.
- Your practitioner will be masked for your treatment. You may choose to wear a mask at your discretion.
We are following cleaning protocols as recommended by Alberta Health and the Acupuncture College of Alberta.
We can also conduct Herbal Consultations via Zoom if you are not comfortable coming into the clinic at this time. If you would like to set up a virtual consultation please email the clinic: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30 minute teleheath zoom call $45
- 60 minute telehealth zooom call $90
If you have any questions on our policies or to book an appointment, please contact us at 780-904-5006. We can also be reached by email at email@example.com.
We are your Traditional Chinese Medicine experts located in the Hillside Centre on the corner of Grove Drive and King Street.
Dr. Melanie Marr (DTCM, R.Ac) specializes in treating digestive disorders and auto-immune diseases such as:
- Acid reflux
- Intestinal pain
- Ulcerative colitis
- Food allergies and sensitivities
- Chronic parasitic infections
- Epstein- Barr Virus
- Hashimotos Thyroiditis
- Lyme Disease
- Chronic nervous system inflammation
Melanie graduated from the Academy of Oriental Sciences in Nelson, BC and is fully licensed in Chinese herbal medicine. She also trained in Kunming China where she had the opportunity to experience the integration of Chinese and Western medicine. She believes integrated medicine is our future to a healthier society. Dr. Marr is the founder of Spruce Grove Acupuncture and has 11 years of clinical experience.
Constantine Karampelas (R.Ac) specializes in sports medicine and pain management. He is a graduate from the MacEwan University Acupuncture program and is registered through the College and Association of Acupuncturists of Alberta. In addition, he has obtained training with the Sports Medicine Council of Alberta which complements his injury management skills as an onsite trainer while working with organized athletic associations. His experience has covered 11 years of various clinical practice; this includes treating a variety of ailments such as pain management, whiplash disorders, stress and depression, digestion issues, and common colds.
Other conditions treated in the clinic are:
- Headaches/Migraines, TMJ
- Common cold, influenza, ear infections, Rhinitis, sinusitis
- Allergies, asthma, bronchitis, COPD
- Bloating, gas, constipation, diarrhea, abdominal pain, colitis, Chrohn’s, hemorrhoids,
- Fatty liver, enlarged liver, enlarged spleen, shingles
- Menopause, Infertility, painful periods, irregular periods
- Anxiety, stress, depression, insomnia
- Arthritis, lower back pain, sciatica.
- All pain syndromes
- AND SO MUCH MORE!