Welcome to Spruce Grove Acupuncture!
We are thrilled to announce that our newest team member, Sister Elizabeth Williams, R.Ac., is taking bookings for new and existing acupuncture patients! She is taking appointments on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday afternoons!
We know she is going to take amazing care of everyone that comes to see her, and we’re excited to see how she will help her new patients on their journeys to health!
Book now with Sister Elizabeth online or call us at 780-904-5006! Direct-billing is now available for most major benefits carriers.
October 27, 2020 Update: The City of Spruce Grove’s Temporary Mandatory Face Coverings Bylaw went into effect on October 23, 2020. This bylaw requires members of the public to wear a face covering or mask while in indoor public places or public vehicles.
Please note that we are required to ask screening questions at the time of booking your appointment, and to screen again upon arrival at the time of your appointment. In order to book or attend your appointment, you must be able to answer NO to ALL of the following questions.
- Do you have a fever or new/changed chronic cough?
- Do you have any of the following symptoms not related to a known or pre-existing condition: sore throat, runny nose, nasal congestion, or shortness of breath.
- Have you traveled internationally in the last 14 days?
- Have you had close unprotected contact with someone who has a presumptive or confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19?
If you develop symptoms after booking your appointment and before attending, you MUST contact us to reschedule and you CANNOT attend your appointment or enter the clinic.
Other important information regarding our COVID-19 policies:
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- You must complete a screening questionnaire prior to your appointment. This precaution is MANDATORY and you will not be seen for your appointment without completing this step.
- Please come to your appointment alone whenever possible. We kindly request that companions do not stay in the waiting area during your appointment.
- If you wish to have water before or after your treatment, we kindly ask that you bring your own water bottle at this time.
- Hand sanitizer is available for your use at the front desk. We encourage you to observe good hand hygiene before and after your treatment.
We are following cleaning protocols as recommended by Alberta Health and the Acupuncture College of Alberta.
We can also conduct Herbal Consultations via Zoom if you are not comfortable coming into the clinic at this time. If you would like to set up a virtual consultation please email the clinic: email@example.com
- 30 minute teleheath zoom call $45
- 60 minute telehealth zooom call $90
If you have any questions on our policies or to book an appointment, please contact us at 780-904-5006. We can also be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are your Traditional Chinese Medicine experts located in the Hillside Centre on the corner of Grove Drive and King Street.
Dr. Melanie Marr (R.Ac., DTCM, R.TCMP) specializes in treating digestive disorders and auto-immune diseases such as:
- Acid reflux
- Intestinal pain
- Ulcerative colitis
- Food allergies and sensitivities
- Chronic parasitic infections
- Epstein- Barr Virus
- Hashimotos Thyroiditis
- Lyme Disease
- Chronic nervous system inflammation
Melanie graduated from the Academy of Oriental Sciences in Nelson, BC and is fully licensed in Chinese herbal medicine. She also trained in Kunming China where she had the opportunity to experience the integration of Chinese and Western medicine. She believes integrated medicine is our future to a healthier society. Dr. Marr is the founder of Spruce Grove Acupuncture and has 11 years of clinical experience.
Constantine Karampelas (R.Ac) specializes in sports medicine and pain management. He is a graduate from the MacEwan University Acupuncture program and is registered through the College and Association of Acupuncturists of Alberta. In addition, he has obtained training with the Sports Medicine Council of Alberta which complements his injury management skills as an onsite trainer while working with organized athletic associations. His experience has covered 11 years of various clinical practice; this includes treating a variety of ailments such as pain management, whiplash disorders, stress and depression, digestion issues, and common colds.
Sister Elizabeth Williams (R.Ac., C.H.N.C.) has clinical experience treating many different issues such as headaches, muscle tension, back pain, digestion issues, hormonal imbalance, and weight concerns. She is committed to giving the best possible treatment to every one of her patients. Sister Elizabeth also provides Holistic Nutrition Consultation at the clinic, and understands that each person’s health journey is unique.
Other conditions treated in the clinic are:
- Headaches/Migraines, TMJ
- Common cold, influenza, ear infections, Rhinitis, sinusitis
- Allergies, asthma, bronchitis, COPD
- Bloating, gas, constipation, diarrhea, abdominal pain, colitis, Chrohn’s, hemorrhoids,
- Fatty liver, enlarged liver, enlarged spleen, shingles
- Menopause, Infertility, painful periods, irregular periods
- Anxiety, stress, depression, insomnia
- Arthritis, lower back pain, sciatica.
- All pain syndromes
- AND SO MUCH MORE!