Welcome to Spruce Grove Acupuncture!
We are your Traditional Chinese Medicine experts located in the Hillside Centre on the corner of Grove Drive and King Street.
Dr. Melanie Marr (DTCM, R.Ac) specializes in treating digestive disorders and auto-immune diseases such as:
- Acid reflux
- Intestinal pain
- Ulcerative colitis
- Food allergies and sensitivities
- Chronic parasitic infections
- Epstein- Barr Virus
- Hashimotos Thyroiditis
- Lyme Disease
- Chronic nervous system inflammation
Melanie graduated from the Academy of Oriental Sciences in Nelson, BC and is fully licensed in Chinese herbal medicine. She also trained in Kunming China where she had the opportunity to experience the integration of Chinese and Western medicine. She believes integrated medicine is our future to a healthier society. Dr. Marr is the founder of Spruce Grove Acupuncture and has 11 years of clinical experience.
Constantine Karampelas (R.Ac)specializes in sports medicine and pain management. He is a graduate from the MacEwan University Acupuncture program and is registered through the College and Association of Acupuncturists of Alberta. In addition, he has obtained training with the Sports Medicine Council of Alberta which complements his injury management skills as an onsite trainer while working with organized athletic associations. His experience has covered 11 years of various clinical practice; this includes treating a variety of ailments such as pain management, whiplash disorders, stress and depression, digestion issues, and common colds.
Other conditions treated in the clinic are:
- Headaches/Migraines, TMJ
- Common cold, influenza, ear infections, Rhinitis, sinusitis
- Allergies, asthma, bronchitis, COPD
- Bloating, gas, constipation, diarrhea, abdominal pain, colitis, Chrohn’s, hemorrhoids,
- Fatty liver, enlarged liver, enlarged spleen, shingles
- Menopause, Infertility, painful periods, irregular periods
- Anxiety, stress, depression, insomnia
- Arthritis, lower back pain, sciatica.
- All pain syndromes